What is the difference between Coronvirus and COVID-19?
In simple words, Coronavirus is the virus and COVID-19 is a disease which is caused by a virus of coronavirus. This is the simple defferentiation of coronavirus and Covid-19 which you can explain to anybody but let’s study the difference between coronavirus and Covid-19 in deep.
What is Coronavirus?
- You understood that Coronavirus is a virus but it’s not only one virus it is a family of viruses.
- Coronavirus is a large family of viruses that mainly causes illness in animals and humans.
- Sars Cov 2 is a coronavirus which causes COVID-19 and Sars Cov 2 caused this pandemic in 2020. And the common cold is also mainly caused by one of the coronaviruses.
- In humans, several coronaviruses are known to cause respiratory infections ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)
What is COVID-19?
- Covid-19 is an infectious disease which is caused by the most recently discovered coronavirus.
- The name of coronavirus which causes Covid-19 is Sars Cov 2. And this disease was first discovered in the city of Wuhan in China.
- It spreads from person to person, via several different modes, mainly when people are in close proximity.
- And sadly there is no vaccine and proper treatment available for Covid-19.
You know that Covid-19 pandemic is not over so please take proper precautions. If you think that this virus is like flu or common cold then you don’t know that 9,40,651 people died till now due to coronavirus.
Probably you will not suffer from this disease but another person who dosen’t have strong immunity like you will suffer from lot of pain.
Precautions you can take to prevent coronavirus:
- Cleansing your hands with alcohol-based sanitizer or handwash.
- When you step outside of your house please wear a proper face mask.
- Avoid going to a crowded place.
- Maintain at least a 1-meter distance between yourself and others.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth and if necessary first sanitize your hands.
- Stay home and self-isolate even with minor symptoms such as cough, headache, mild fever, until you recover.