School and colleges are allowed to reopen from Oct 15 here are the guidelines
On Wednesday The Union government gave the flexibility to states and UTs (Union Territories) and announced to open school colleges from 15 October in a graded manner.
After a long lockdown now the schools and institutions are going to open after 7 months and this pandemic has affected more than 300 million students.
As you know the unlock 5 is starting on 1 October The Home Ministry allowed to open the school and colleges from 15th of October. But institutions could not force students for regular attendance and they allow students to continue studying in the online mode.
What are the guidelines:
- States and duties will prepare their own SOP (Standing Operating Procedure) regarding health and safety precaution for reopening of schools and Institution based on the SOP to be issued by the Department of School Education, Ministry of Education and Government of India considering the local requirement and the schools are colleges which are allowed to open will have to form mandatorily follow the SOP.
- Where schools are conducting online classes and some students prefer to attend online classes rather than physically attend school and college they may be permitted to do so.
- Department of Higher Education will make a decision on the timing of the opening of college and education institutes in consultation with a Home Ministry based on the assessment of the situation.
- And in the higher education online learning will be continued to preferred mode of teaching.
- Research Scholars and postgraduate students in Science and technology who requires laboratory/Experiment will be permitted to open from 15 October 2020.
- And for this Head of the Institution or University will satisfy himself or herself that there is a genuine requirement of research Scholars and postgraduate students in the Science and Technology stream for laboratory and experimental works.
- However, Schools and Colleges in containment zones would continue to remain closed.